BEST NATURAL SKINCARE PRODUCTS: Breakdown Guide
I wanted to have all the products located in ONE place; for your convenience to access! I will also include why you might want to make the switch to all natural skin/body products, what to look for, and my favorite items.
Beauty obviously 110% starts on the inside! Like having a kind heart and then what you put IN your body and lastly what you put ON your body.
If you want better skin, taking a look at your dietary habits is the best place to start. Because skin is a good reflection of what is going on inside your body, that no quick fix is gonna do for ya.
So eating whole, clean, organic foods are your best place to start.
THEN you can dive into skincare, because what you put ON your body goes IN your body.
WHY DOES NATURAL SKINCARE PRODUCTS MATTER?
- First, your body is made up of a million cells. Cells that are believe it or not are built by the food that you consume on a daily basis. So when you look at it this way it makes perfect sense; if you are consuming real, natural, fresh foods your body can use them, process and absorb them accordingly.
If you are consuming processed, toxic, chemical laden foods, guess what your cells are being made of?! Not only are your cells being made of TOXINS your body has a MUCH harder time processing this & your body cannot use it the way your body needs.
ULTIMATE health starts there, with what you consume because your skin is a direct reflectiong of what you put into yoru mouth.
- Secondly, your SKIN is your biggest organ! It is also an outside filter, a detox organ such as your liver detoxes your inside. It’s purpose is to keep germs out and help get rid of stuff that is not helpful for our bodies. Such as the art of sweating, many of us don’t like to sweat or smell but it servers a very important purpose: to remove things that are dangerous: chemicals & toxins from food, water air & environment.
God designed our bodies to keep us well! But we have to take care of it! Our skin detoxifies for us and it also acts as a barrier between the outside world and our inside world.
It ABSORBS everything we put on it. Whatever becomes absorbed goes into your cells, so what goes ON your skin, goes IN your skin.
Here is the SCARY part! The ingredients that are IN our mainstream beauty products contain chemicals, fragrances and compounds that disrupt your hormone function as they leech into your body. (Yet it is hardly regulated, not even a little bit.) Studies are showing there is a strong connection between chemical and carcinogen exposure, cancer, and reproductive issues for women and babies and other health issues to boot.
The average woman puts on 168 different types of chemicals on her skin DAILY. Ya’ll…this is insane! Unfortunately we are marketed too just like the food industry, no one cares if it is harmful or not. The US has very little, if at all regulations of what goes into our products.
With that being said; going cleaner, with foods and skincare products is only going to make you HEALTHIER while simplifying your life.
How to Build A Healthier Body
In order to have a healthier, better body you must start surrounding yourself with When yourself with simple, quality things. As mentioned in the paragraph before your body struggles to break down toxins either through your nutrition OR what is put on your body. The cleaner your products the better your body can do what it was designed to do.
That means MORE energy for YOU in other areas!
As far as skin conditions, some are genetic which is out of your control. Many are a result of hormones. These chemicals that are inside the products we use today are disrupting our normal hormone production and resulting in skin issues or deeper issues such as infertility, thyroid disruption and cancer.
I have spent years researching, trying, discovering different all natural products to reduce the amount of toxins in my body. This is essential for any human, yet 10x more essential if you are trying to become pregnant, pregnant or postpartum.
Here is a list of all the products that I currently use, the ones I have found to work the very best and that are cost effective! My philosphy is/has always been less is best!
This Cleansing Oil is based on the scientific principle that like dissolves like, the oil cleansing method utilizes beneficial oils that penetrate deep into pores to dissolve grime and build-up. This method effectively purifies + nourishes the skin while keeping its natural moisture barrier in-tact.
This is the only cleanser that balanced my facial oils out and cured my postpartum acne!
The Everything Spray is a favorite! Use it as a natural toner or spritz it on sensitive areas after shaving to prevent ingrown hairs. Everything Spray can also be used as a quick + easy underarm refresher after the gym and is also effective in soothing a wide range of inflammatory skin conditions. It cured my postpartum hormonal acne.
This Oil is AMAZING. And I’m not just saying that; first off the smell is so fresh and light.
Secondly it has a hundred and one uses. I use it as a scalp treatment to balance my oily hair, I use it on my kiddos cuts and brusies, I also use it on my face and stretch marks.
Cold sore? This will zap that thing too!
- Helps support healthy-looking skin and hair
- Made with 13 Botanical oils to keep your hair and skin feeling nourished.
- Deeply moisturizes and conditions skin to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Infused with antioxidant-rich vitamin E and an exclusive blend of seven essential oils
- Free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates and petrolatum
- Not tested on animals
- I use this on my face at night; or anywhere on my body that feels dry.
- This is hands down the best charcoal mask I have yet to try, it is a nutrient-rich kaolin clay mask with activated charcoal that purifies and balances, absorbing oil and drawing out impurities.
- Salicylic and lactic acids aid in a gentle exfoliation, giving skin a smooth, polished look with a minimized appearance of pores. My skin always looks smoother and feels so fresh after each use!
Facial Gua Sha is an ancient healing technique that visibly rejuvenates the skin through light pulling + lifting massage motions using a smooth gemstone tool.
It works with the skin to support and optimize the body’s own reparative functions by promoting lymphatic drainage, calming the nervous system, relieving muscle tension + tightness, clearing congestion + buildup, and increasing the flow of oxygen and vital nutrients to the skin.
It seems weird, but it has made the biggest difference on my tired skin!
My Favorite moisturizer, not only does it have SPF in it; it also is tinted. For those of you who don’t like foundation this is the perfect match!
- This benefit-packed tinted moisturizer delivers lightweight hydration, a hint of sheer coverage, SPF 20 protection, and a luminous dewy glow.
- It also includes black currant, peony flower root extract, and vitamin C to enhance skin brightness and sodium hyaluronate to promote firmer, smoother-looking skin.
Let’s be honest; I am not the biggest make up person, especially being a busy mother. However there is something to be said about washing your face, putting on your moisturizer and a few swipes of mascara and ya feel like a million bucks!
- Beautycounter’s lengthening mascara is smudgeproof, doesn’t flake, & adds great length and definition.
- Ingredients, like organic bataua oil and carnauba wax, condition lashes. The precision brush perfectly separates, defines, and coats each lash.
Say hello to activated charcoal (made from sustainable bamboo), nature’s way to epically whiten teeth, detoxify your mouth and freshen your breath like nobody’s business.
I didin’t want to liek this toothpaste; but once I tried it I can’t go back to anything else!
It IS slightly strange to have black toothpaste/
Best Natural Body Care
- Primally Pure natural deodorant contains a small amount of baking soda to combat odor and is fortified with kaolin clay (powerful detoxifier) and non-nano zinc oxide (soothes irritation).
- Made with other good-for-you organic ingredients including grass-fed tallow, fair trade coconut oil, arrowroot powder, beeswax and essential oils.
- The Lavender & Lemongrass are my favorite. Carlo enjoys the Charcoal!
- GREAT RESULTS – Exfoliate Skin, Increase Blood Flow and Promote Healthy Glowing Skin.
- HIGHEST QUALITY – 100% Natural Bristles are of the Finest Grade.
- EASY GRIP – Smooth Polished Wood and Linen Strap Make Handling Easy.
- Dry Brushing is Perfect for those during pregnancy & the postpartum period to keep energy up & keep skin firm.
- Natural with no added preservatives or fragrance
- Spectrum Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil is the perfect choice for natural body care
- It restores skin and provides a protective layer to combat the damaging effects of sun, wind and cold weather. This is perfect for my body and I use it on my kiddos too; I no longer use scented lotions from the store.
- GENTLE SOAP. This moisturizing bar soap offers organic and vegan ingredients for a rich, emollient lather.
- I’ve been using this since before I was married! Hands down my favorite soap; and when I have to hand wash anything in the skin this is my go to.
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC AND VEGAN. Certified organic by the USDA National Organic Program and certified Vegan by Vegan Action, Dr. Bronner’s is a proud supporter of animal advocacy organizations. With a “leaping bunny” logo it is certified cruelty-free.
- ZINC OXIDE – Broad spectrum protection from harmful UVA & UVB rays using the safe active ingredient Zinc Oxide.
- HYPOALLERGENIC Lightweight and moisturizing for all skin types. NO; fragrances, dyes, parabens, petrolatum, GMOs,
- WATER RESISTANT – 98% certified organic ingredient base of Sunflower Oil, Beeswax, Vitamin E & Seabuckthorn is ultra-moisturizing and soothing.
- REEF FRIENDLY – Biodegradable, family friendly and safe for coral reefs and ecosystems. Made in the USA and certified cruelty-free.
Best Natural Hair Care
I use this brand of Smoothing Shampoo.
- It gently cleanses and nourish while smoothing and softening the hair cuticle to reduce frizz. I have oily hair to being with and this is not too heavy at all.
- It is infused with an exclusive blend of amino acids for frizz control, reduces dry static flyaways, de-frizz, and resist humidity for a smoother, sleeker, silkier look.
I use this conditioner the most, it is a Restorative Leave in Conditioner and perfect for those with thin hair who don’t want a lot of product to weigh it down.
It leaves my hair so soft and shiny, I usually can’t stop running my hands through my hair!
- Helps restore essential nutrients to the scalp, boosting natural hair growth and improving follicle strength to reduce hair thinning. Tames frizz and flyaways; leaving fragile hair silky, youthful and supple.
What mother cannot live without a little dry shampoo?!
This has again, been the best brand I have tried yet. It does not leave a bunch of white powder in your hair, it absorbs oil effectively AND its not full of ingredients like propane.
- A waterless shampoo that absorbs oils, dirt and impurities in between washes
- Creates no dulling residue
- Helps to extend styles 2nd and 3rd day
- Great for those with limited time, or with no access to water
For the Kiddos
This is a gentle, tear free formula I use for my kiddos! They also have a conditioner and detangler, the smell is soooo good! My kids love it!
- A gentle and non-irritating shampoo that cleanses children’s hair without drying it out. Great for active kids who love to play outside!
- MONAT Junior Gentle Shampoo is tear-free, sulfate and paraben-free, and safe and gentle for children ages one to nine. Dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested.
This is Baby Balm. It is perfect for rashes on your baby’s bum, for any cuts, scrapes or brusies AND it has marshmellow root which is perfect for stretch marks or those wrinkles on your face that might be coming in hot.
For the Husbands/men/significant others in your life
OK, so my husband uses this entire Men’s Line. His favorite thing is the smell, but the second is the quality, the shave cream leaves him smoother than anything he has used in the past.
It has the 2 in 1 Shampoo (which supports hair growth if thinning is an issue!)
Hair Putty, which he only uses when his grows a little longer and he can spike it.
I bought this razor for Carlo for Father’s Day; NO MORE spending hundreds of dollars on little plastic razor blades! Plus think of how many less go into our ocean every year.
My husbands response to this razor “I don’t have to buy those annoying blades that don’t work. This ‘one’ gives me such a sharp clean cut.”
Switching over to non-toxic, all natural, better for you products is hard. You don’t realize how many ‘things’ you actually use until you really start to pay attention to it.
And that is OK. It is a process, it has taken years for my family and I to get to this point but its been such a great journey! I hope this information helps you find new, cleaner products you want to use to extend your health from the inside out!